Narrow Aisle Pallet Racking is identical to conventional Selective Pallet Racking, but VNA is configured with narrow aisles used with specially designed forklifts. Since these forklifts are more expensive than standard type forklifts, the use of narrow aisles can give you great savings in building a warehouse to store more space for goods and can provide implementation options for Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems / ASRS
Forklift trucks can operate freely in and out of aisles in narrow aisle systems, and bring the benefits of selectivity without sacrificing storage density. Some forklift trucks are designed to reach heights of up to 30 meters. By leveraging the full height of the building and proving that narrow aisle racking is proving to be a compact, high-density storage solution.
Narrow Aisle Racking is suitable for lower displacement / throughtput and for dense backup storage and accommodate warehouse heights.
The storage system can also be served by forklift trucks by lifting the operator’s cabin to a high place.
Characteristics of Narrow Aisle Racking:
– The movement of goods at high speed can be obtained with special equipment / forklifts
– Unlimited access to pallets, optimal configuration for storage, due to maximum density and efficiency.
– Controlled material handling so it is safe and free from damage
– It is also necessary to calculate the danger of fire and seismic disturbance (earthquake) so that it requires a good warehouse and rack design.
– Can take advantage of warehouse height (maximum 30 m high) so that high density storage is obtained.
– Optimum configuration, with a high density between shelves, a higher number of shelves can be obtained than the Selective Pallet Racking system type
Narrow Aisle Racking Utilities:
– Average location / bin that can be used / used: 100%
– Direct accessibility : 95%
– Stock rotation of goods: Very good